Whether your lady is eating, drinking or smothering it on her body, chocolate is always a guaranteed hit come Valentines Day. How about a body scrub for something different. Like this homemade beauty treatment I found via SpaMagazine which combines chocolate, almond oil and nutmeg to create a decadent Valentine’s Day treat for you and your sweetheart to enjoy together
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops vanilla essential oil (1/8 tsp. vanilla extract may also be substituted)
- 12 grates of nutmeg
1. Microwave chocolate, water and honey for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, almond oil, essential oils and nutmeg and blend well.
2. Store in a clean plastic, glass or tin container.
To use: Apply the mixture to damp skin in a warm shower. Scrub gently in circular motions. Rinse. Lightly pat the skin dry and follow with the Champagne Honey Bath.
By Nellie Lee Luhrmann