I previously posted about making your own deodorant. Applying talcs is another wonderful way to fragrance the body as well as absorb excess moisture. Pure Talc, Cornstarch & Kaolin make excellent fine textured powders. The finest texture being Pure Talc followed by Cornstarch then Kaolin. You may choose to to use one of these ingredients or a mixture depending on your personal preference.
Below is an “all rounder” suitable for everyone
YOU WILL NEED
100 Gram Talc Powder
50 Gram Cornstarch
40 drops your choice of essential oils.
1. Slowly add your choice of essential oils drop by drop to the talc base, stirring them in as you go.
2. Shake the mixture through a sieve, breaking down any lumps which may of occurred.
3. Store your talcum powder in an old talc container or stainless steel parmesan cheese shaker, or icing sugar shaker, both of which are available at kitchen shops.
If making a composition for a baby or young child drop the amount to 15 drops for this recipe
Click here for Essential Oil compositions for body talc.
By Nellie Lee Luhrmann
- Powder Puff
- DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Pure Essential Oil Compositions For Body Talc
- Tips For Using Essential Oils For Babies
- DIY Homemade Baby Powder Recipe Talc Free