A hydrating mask for all skin types. Crushed grapes are very soothing, cooling and toning to the skin. Below is a recipe small enough for one or two applications. Mask once made is to be stored in the fridge and used within 4-5 days. Remember to wash the grapes thoroughly before making your mask.
YOU WILL NEED
* 1 tbsp Crushed Grape Pulp ( I would go for a darker grape as these have more antioxidants, the darker the better )
* 1 tspn guar gum
1.Mash the grapes to a pulp and drain off any excess juice
2. Slowly add the guar gum ( sprinkle it ) to the crushed grapes, whisking it as you go. Preferably use an electric hand mixer.
3. Once you have a paste spread it onto your face and let sit for 10 – 15 minutes
4. Wash off with tepid water
To soften and moisturise dry skin add some tahini to the mix
THINGS YOU MAY NOT OF KNOWN ABOUT GRAPES
Grapes are known for having a high nutritional value. Grapes are rich in vitamin C and vitamin K. They contain low levels of cholesterol, fat and sodium. Grapes are known for containing proteins, carbohydrates, dietary fibers, vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin, thiamin, folic acid and amino acids. They contain high amounts of caffeic acid, which is a strong cancer-fighting substance. Grapes contain flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants.
- Fresh from The Fridge DIY Mask For Dry Skin
- DIY Aspirin Facial
- Grapeseed oil profile
- Yogurt and honey mask recipe
- The Pretty Skin Diet