You Will Need…………
250 grams soap base ( powder or flakes )
100ml purified or floral water ( no more, no less)
Emollients up to 20ml
Exfoliants up to 20 grams
Dried herbs & petals
Colourants up to 20 grams ( varies according to depth of colour you desire )
50 – 60 drops essential oils.
1. Mix the soap base and dry additives together in a bowl.
2. Stir in the water and other additives.
3 Working quickly knead the ingredients together.
4. Your soap mixture can now be formed into various shapes. You may like to choose one of the following methods.
* Roll the mixture into balls the size of a plum.
* Press firmly into moulds ensuring there are no air bubbles.
5. Leave to dry and set properly in a warm, dry, airy spot. The soap balls will dry in about 2 – 3 days. The soap pressed into the moulds may take approximately about one week before it can be removed from the moulds or, alternatively, it can be placed in a freezer until hard then removed from the moulds and put in a place where it can dry.