Soapwort is probably one of the gentlest ways to cleanse very sensitive skin. Containing natural saponins, soapwort creates an impressive lather. Use the following recipe to soothe sensitive skin with eczema.
1 cup red clover or calendula infusion click here to see how to make your own infusion
1 tablespoon chopped and bruised saponin root ( soapwort )
1. Pour the red clover or calendula infuson into a small saucepan and mix in the soapwort root.
2. Place over low heat and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, allow to cool, then strain and bottle.
4. Use within 3 – 4 days or freeze in ice-cube trays for later use.
** Soapwort is not to be ingested **
By Nellie Lee Luhrmann
- How To Make Your Own Herbal Infusion
- DIY Orange & Fennel Toner
- Craftbits Recipe: Bath Melts
- Shea and mango body butter recipe
- Calendula oil tutorial