Luscious Rose Cream is made with some of my favorite ingredients including rose hydrosol and rose wax. You will not only love the way this feels on your skin but you”ll be happy to know that it is gentle enough to use around your eyes too!
Yield: Approx. 10 ounces
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Price Category: 3
Difficulty Level: 3
Shelf Life: 3 months
8 ounces rose hydrosol (or distilled water if you have no hydrosol)
.1 ounce citric acid
.3 ounces stearic acid
.3 ounces emulsifying wax
.4 ounces coconut oil
.3 ounces shea butter
.4 ounces jojoba oil
1/16th teaspoon rose wax
1. In a heat proof cup (I use Pyrex) combine the hydrosol (or water) and citric acid (the first 2 ingredients). Place the mixture in a bath until for about 10 minutes to warm the mix and dissolve the citric acid. (The citric acid may not dissolve completely until you stir it in; see Step 4.) Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Combine all other ingredeints, from the stearic acid to the rose wax) in a separate large heat proof cup cup with a pour spout. Place the mixture in a hot water bath until the waxes are nearly completely melted.
3. Stir the oils/waxes together to make sure they are evenly combined.
4. In the separate container, stir the hydrosol ingredients to make sure they are evenly combined.
5. Begin stirring the oil/wax mixture with an electric mixer and add the hydrosol mixture as you stir. You will see the mixture begin to thicken as you blend it. Continue mixing until until Luscious Rose Cream is fully formed and thickened a bit. Pour into clean jars and allow to cool before capping.
6. To prolong shelf life, you can refrigerate this product between uses. You can also use a cotton swab, spatula or anything besides your fingers to dispense the cream to prevent insertion of bacterial agents.