This Natural Shaving Cream is great for both men and women. It is excellent for a man’s bristly beard as well as for the softer feminine hair on legs, underarms, bikini and Brazilian. The cucumber juice will soothe the skin, while the lavender and carrot essential oils will help with any razor nicks. Overall this natural shaving cream keeps the skin nicely moisturized, leaving the skin soft and smooth.
* 4 tablespoons almond oil
* 2 tablespoons avocado oil
* 1 cup cocoa butter
* 1 tablespoon cucumber juice
* 3 tablespoons witch hazel
* 3 drops Carrot oil
* 6 drops Lavender oil
* Make the cucumber juice using a juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, place half a peeled cucumber into a blender and mix well. Pour this into a jug through a fine sieve to remove any lumps. Set aside.
* Melt the cocoa butter in a glass pyrex jug placed into a small pan of simmering water.
* Once the cocoa butter has melted, remove from the heat and mix in the almond and avocado oils and the witch hazel.
* Stir this mixture well then add the cucumber juice, carrot and lavender oils and mix well again.
* Pour this mixture into a sterilized glass jar.
* Cover tightly and label the product, including the date.
* Shake the jar well before each use then stir with fingertips applying it to the skin ready for shaving.
* Please note, as this recipe contains fresh cucumber it will need to be stored in the refrigerator and should be kept no longer than 2 weeks.
By jessica neaves