And even more stenciling! DoItYourself has a simple tutorial by Kelley R. Taylor to decorate a block candle with one of your favorite stencils. All of the craft materials needed for this project are available at your local craft store.
* Vanilla candles [Ed.- Or scent of your choice, of course. Square and rectangular candles will work best for this project.]
* Stencil Adhesive
* White craft paint
* Candle Painting medium (we used DecoArt’s)
* Cotton balls
* Rubbing alcohol
* Sponge brush
* Newsprint for protecting surfaces
1. Spray stencil adhesive on wrong side of stencil; allow to dry till tacky.
2. Clean candle by rubbing alcohol soaked cotton balls on candle surfaces; allow to dry.
3. Mix paint with candle painting medium. Center stencil on candle and press till adhered firmly into place on candle surface. Dip sponge brush lightly into paint; remove excess paint by dabbing brush onto newsprint. Paint stencil openings; remove stencil carefully.
- Stencil 101 Review and Giveaway
- Get Saucy This Valentines Day
- DIY Homemade Icepack
- 50 Ways to Use Essential Oils
- Detoxify Your Body In 30 Minutes With A Bath