Aromatherapy perfumes can help relax you, invigorate you and put you in a great mood and are fun to make. Here’s a recipe for a happiness enhancing perfume from Essential Oil Recipes.
Essential oils needed:
2 drops Bergamot
1 drops Jasmine
1 drops Rose
2 drops Sandalwood
Small colored bottle
Start with the base. You can use alcohol or a carrier oil but a mixture of both is ideal. An odorless spirit such as vodka is the best choice along with jojoba. Jojoba has a long shelf life and once it’s on the skin it tends to dry out leaving your wonderful scent behind.
As jojoba is the most expensive carrier oil, try using one of the cheaper, odorless carrier oils such as almond oil or apricot kernel oil while you are experimenting to find your preferred recipe.
1. Measure 1 teaspoon of your carrier oil (jojoba, almond or apricot kernel) and 1 teaspoon of alcohol (vodka), using the small funnel, into your bottle.
2. Add the essential oils one drop at a time. You may need to use a dropper if your essential oil jars do not already have dropper measures built in.
3. Shake the mixture well after adding each drop.
4. Put the lid on tightly and store in a cool, dark place for a minimum of 12 days shaking at least 3 times each day.
The website also notes:
Some oils can cause skin irritation, please check the specific oil profiles for each of the recipes you chose. Never apply essential oils directly to the skin.
If you are pregnant there are certain oils I recommend you avoid, such as Aniseed, Angelica, Basil, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Cypress, Juniper, Hyssop, Marjoram, Parsley, Rosemary and Sage. Again please check the specific oil profiles for more information.
Citrus oils such as Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime, Lemon, Neroli, Orange and Petitgrain can be photosensitive and should not be worn in the sun.
Perfumes will smell different on different people and skin types, don’t be disappointed if you don’t like them all. Experimenting with these recipes is all part of the fun. You can always give them away to a friend as a gift!
- Joyfulness perfume recipe
- DIY Non Toxic Mosquito Repellent
- DIY Deluxe Facial Oil
- DIY Fabulous & Fresh Facial Oil
- Rose and frankincense aromatherapy perfume recipe