With all the recent floods, mosquitoes are on the rise. I myself have a strictly “hate” relationship with the pesky little things ( they have anger issues ) If you want to make your very own mosquito repellent that is non toxic try the following.
* 10-25 drops (total) of essential oils
* 2 tablespoons of a carrier oil ( almond, apricot kernel, olive, sunflower or any other cooking oil ) or alcohol ( such as high quality vodka )
any mixture of the following essential oils: basil, catnip, cedarwood, citronella, juniper, lemon, lemongrass, myrrh, palmarosa, pine, rose geranium, rosemary & cinnamon will repel mosquitoes.
Be sure to shake well before each use .
Check your DIY mosquito repellent on a small area to check for allergic reactions before using it over large areas of your body.
Some essential oils may have disagreeable odors, especially when mixed together, so consider adding peppermint oil to your repellent to cover any unpleasant fragrances.
By Nellie Lee Luhrmann
- Citronella Soap recipe
- Essential Facts
- Antibacterial bathroom air spray
- Natural shaving cream recipe
- Peppermint massage oil recipe