Here is a recipe to make your very own scrub using grains and seeds from your kitchen cupboard. You may substitute any of them as long as they can be ground down very finely. Ground citrus zest, herbs and flowers to suit your skin type also make fantastic additions to this base. For highly sensitive skin, omit the rice flour and double the oatmeal.
YOU WILL NEED
1/2 cup very fine oatmeal
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon clay suited to your skin type ( click here to find a clay best suited to your skin type )
1. Combine the ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar. This mix should last indefinitely if kept dry.
2 Put 2 teaspoons of the mixture in a bowl and add enough of a wet ingredient to compliment your skin type ( honey, yoghurt, milk, egg yolk, fruit, herbal infusions or floral waters ) to form a gritty paste.
3. Spread the scrub onto a wet face and massage into the skin using gentle, upward circular motions. remove with lots of tepid water and a muslin ( cheesecloth ) wash cloth. Repeat untill all residue is removed. Pat dry.
By Nellie Lee Luhrmann
- Oats Cleansers
- Brown Rice Miso & Honey Body Paste
- Oatmeal, milk, and honey facial scrub
- DIY Best Of Both Worlds AHA Scrub
- DIY: Gentle Facial Exfoliant